IATA Certified Courses
SECURITY AND LOSS PREVENTION MANAGEMENT, 3rd Edition
This course explains the issues surrounding the need for individualized
hotel security programs, examines a wide variety of security and safety equipment and
procedures, discusses guest protection and internal security for asset protection, explores risk
management and loss prevention issues, and outlines OSHA regulations that apply to lodging
At the completion of this course, students should be able to:
1. Explain the importance of a comprehensive approach to risk management and outline the
business case for managing risk.
2. Discuss the security and safety responsibilities of hotels.
3. Describe the American legal system, define basic legal terms, and explain a hotel’s duty to
exercise reasonable care in relation to its guests.
4. Explain the key issues in developing and setting up a hotel security program.
5. Identify slip, trip, and fall risks in hotels, describe hotel fire risks, and explain safety risks and
concerns pertaining to hotel water systems.
6. Discuss losses that affect all hotel departments, including employee and guest theft.
7. Summarize the business case for employee safety, discuss strategies for managing employee
safety, and explain how a hotel can establish a safety committee.
8. Describe how hotels can appropriately respond to bombs and bomb threats, fires, hurricanes
and typhoons, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, tsunamis, black outs, robberies, medical and
dental emergencies, and terrorism.
9. Outline amiable media relations response in the event of an emergency situation.
10. Explain how insurance can help hotels minimize their financial expenses due to losses and
summarize considerations in purchasing insurance.
Inspire Training Academy is one of the premier professional training institutes in Qatar, India, Nepal, UAE,Spain and opening its doors soon in Pakistan and Srilanka. INSPIRE Training Academy is your training partner for Management, Hospitality, Aviation, HSE, Security, Soft Skills, IELTS and APTIS preparation, Corporate trainings, Travel & Tourism, Cyber Security, Maritime, Business and Life Coach, Cargo & Logistics ,IT and MS office and Retail Management.