IATA Certified Courses
REVENUE MANAGEMENT: MAXIMIZING REVENUE IN HOSPITALITY OPERATIONS, 2nd Edition
This course will give students a basic understanding of the revenue
management process. It distinguishes between tactical and strategic revenue management,
addresses the proper use and importance of revenue management in hospitality operations, and
describes the wide range of elements that must be considered in order to use revenue
At the completion of this course, students should be able to:
1. Explain the concept of revenue management and the history of its development.
2. Identify the business traits that create the environment appropriate for the use of revenue
3. Distinguish between strategic and tactical revenue management and explain why this
distinction is important.
4. Identify internal and external measures that can be used to judge a property’s performance.
5. Discuss the challenges that managers have in determining the effectiveness of revenue
management tactics and strategies.
6. Explain how forecasting demand and room availability drives tactical revenue management.
7. Identify ways to implement tactical rate management and stay controls to maximize
8. Define capacity management and how to use it for revenue management.
9. Perform and use displacement analysis.
10. Explain how revenue management plays a role in generating demand and creating
marketing strategies for a hospitality property.
11. Explain how strategic pricing and revenue streams management contribute to revenue
management efforts at the strategic level.
12. Identify opportunities for strategic packaging and ways to manage distribution channels for
the greatest effect.
13. Describe the capabilities of automated revenue management systems.
- No Prerequisites
Inspire Training Academy is one of the premier professional training institutes in Qatar, India, Nepal, UAE,Spain and opening its doors soon in Pakistan and Srilanka. INSPIRE Training Academy is your training partner for Management, Hospitality, Aviation, HSE, Security, Soft Skills, IELTS and APTIS preparation, Corporate trainings, Travel & Tourism, Cyber Security, Maritime, Business and Life Coach, Cargo & Logistics ,IT and MS office and Retail Management.