IATA Certified Courses
Professional Certificate Hospitality Today – Introduction
This course takes a management perspective in introducing students to the organization and structure of hotels, restaurants, clubs, cruise ships, and casino hotels. There are chapters on business ethics, franchising, management contracts, and areas of management responsibility such as human resources, marketing and sales, and advertising.
- At the completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Define “service” and summarize how service businesses differ from manufacturing businesses.
- Summarize reasons people travel and describe travel trends and types of travel research.
- Describe in general terms the makeup and size of the lodging and foodservice industries, and identify the advantages and disadvantages of a career in hospitality.
- Describe in general terms the size of the restaurant in the industry and list the restaurant industry segments.
- Give examples of guest menu preferences in various parts of the United States and the rest of the world, describe menu categories and summarize the importance of menu design and menu pricing.
- Explain various ways hotels can be owned and operated, distinguish chain hotels from independent hotels, and explain how hotels can be categorized by price.
- Distinguish a hotel’s revenue centers from its cost centers.
- Compare equity clubs with corporate or developer clubs.
- List and describe types of meetings typically held in lodging facilities.
- Describe the development of the cruise industry and explain how a cruise ship is organized and managed.
- Summarize the history of gaming and describe casino hotels and casino operations.
- Describe the basic tasks of managers and discuss the concept of emotional labor.
- Identify current labor trends affecting the hospitality industry and describe elements of a good human resources program.
- Distinguish marketing from selling and explain how a marketing plan is developed.
- Explain why hotel management companies came into existence and describe elements of a typical hotel management contract.
- Describe types of franchises and explain how franchising works.
- Give examples of different viewpoints concerning morality, contrast deontology with utilitarianism, and explain the concept of ethical relativism.
- 1 Day
- This course is certified by Inspire.
Inspire Training Academy is one of the premier professional training institutes in Qatar, India, Nepal, UAE,Spain and opening its doors soon in Pakistan and Srilanka. INSPIRE Training Academy is your training partner for Management, Hospitality, Aviation, HSE, Security, Soft Skills, IELTS and APTIS preparation, Corporate trainings, Travel & Tourism, Cyber Security, Maritime, Business and Life Coach, Cargo & Logistics ,IT and MS office and Retail Management.