What you will learn?
Four specialized courses will give you a complete overview of the cold chain, allowing you to:
- Relate the logistical needs of the international healthcare industry and ensure compliance with its
- Mitigate risks common to the transport of pharmaceutical and other time and temperature-sensitive shipments
- Implement a Quality Management System in your operations to ensure consistent and reliable service, compliance and continuous improvement
- Establish an integrated temperature-control logistics system in compliance with national and international regulations
- Establish process-driven quality and risk management system in all aspects of the air freight supply chain, from temperature-controlled infrastructure, qualified transport equipment and vehicles to well trained professionals.
Key topics include:
- International standards and guidelines for healthcare shipments: Requirements determined by the World Health Organization (WHO), EU, United States Pharmacopeia, IATA Temperature Control Regulations (TCR) and Perishable Cargo Regulations (PCR) manuals
- Temperature management: How to identify critical points throughout a product’s journey and ensure the correct temperature range
- Risk management for the cold chain: How to establish standard operating procedures to avoid temperature deviation between transportation modes, locations and stakeholders
- Temperature-sensitive product handling: Standards for packing, documenting, labelling and handling temperature sensitive products
- Temperature-controlled containers: The basic requirements for classifying, building and inspecting containers specific to the cold chain
- IATA internal audit checklist: How to conduct an audit of your cold operations and use your findings to establish consistency throughout your operations
- Lean management: Methodologies for streamlining your operations and ensuring continued quality
Who should attend?
This highly specialized diploma program is recommended for management working in:
- Airline, handler or freight forwarder operations
- Cargo quality operations
- Warehouse and ramp operations
- Pharmaceutical audits