Security is a concern for everyone in the industry, affecting virtually all areas of operation. Whether you work with passengers, cargo or at a security checkpoint, you have a role in keeping the industry safe. This course introduces you to the security measures and regulations you need to know to work responsibly in the industry. It also provides examples of practices you can apply in your workplace to identify and prevent potential security threats.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Entry-level security staff
- Industry personnel working with passengers or cargo
- Exam Delivery Method: Non-supervised online based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 60
- Time Allowance: 2.5 hours
- Passing Grade: 48 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 54 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
- Current threats to the aviation industry
- Aviation security regulations and the international organizations behind them
- Airport access control for people and vehicles
- Passenger, baggage, cargo, mail and catering security basics
- Common airport and in-flight security measures for responding to threats
This course is available in e-textbook format.
- This course requires approximately 40 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination.
An IATA e-Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
- IATA Airline Cabin Crew Training
- IATA Fundamental Skills in Journey Pricing and Ticketing
- IATA Advanced Skills in Journey Pricing and Ticketing
- IATA Geography in Travel Planning
- IATA Managing the Travel Business
- IATA Ground Operations Management
- IATA Introduction to the Airline Industry
- IATA Air Transport Fundamentals
- IATA Airline Marketing
- IATA Airline Revenue Management
- IATA Introduction to Safety Management Systems (SMS)
- IATA Ticket Repricing, Exchange and Reissue
- IATA Airline Customer Service
- IATA Foundation in Travel and Tourism Diploma
- IATA Travel and Tourism Consultant