IATA Certified Courses
SUPERVISION IN THE HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY,5th Edition
This course is designed to provide students with the principles of super
vision as they apply specifically to the hospitality industry.
At the completion of this course, students should be able to:
1. Identify fundamental supervisory responsibilities.
2. Explain the steps that supervisors can take to speak effectively on the job.
3. Describe how supervisors work with the human resources department to recruit new
4. Explain the function of training within an organization and the supervisor’s role in training.
5. Forecast business volume using the base adjustment forecast ing method and the moving
average forecasting method.
6. Distinguish coaching from counseling and disciplining.
7. Identify the components of a progressive disciplinary program.
8. List important laws and legal concerns that affect hospitality supervisors.
9. Describe issues supervisors should be aware of as they assume the role of team leader.
10. Explain how supervisors can increase employee participation in department activities.
11. Identify steps supervisors should follow during a meeting with employees in conflict.
12. Distinguish high-priority interruptions from low-priority interruptions, and summarize
strategies for dealing with the latter.
13. Describe actions that supervisors can take to minimize employee resistance to change.
14. Explain why it is important for supervisors to take control of their personal development,
and describe how to execute a career development plan.
Inspire Training Academy is one of the premier professional training institutes in Qatar, India, Nepal, UAE,Spain and opening its doors soon in Pakistan and Srilanka. INSPIRE Training Academy is your training partner for Management, Hospitality, Aviation, HSE, Security, Soft Skills, IELTS and APTIS preparation, Corporate trainings, Travel & Tourism, Cyber Security, Maritime, Business and Life Coach, Cargo & Logistics ,IT and MS office and Retail Management.