IATA Certified Courses
LEAN SIX SIGMA IN AIR CARGO LOGISTICS
- 10 (Registered)
The air cargo supply chain is often subject to significant operational quality challenges. It consists of
a large number of stakeholders each controlling a part of the process. At each process step, quality
issues might arise (delays, damages, documentation errors, incorrect billing). These impact the
overall customer satisfaction and creates the perception that the overall process is not under control.
This course provides an overview of the Lean Six Sigma concept and how it can be applied to the
Air Cargo and Logistics industries. It will give you insight on the tools and techniques applied in
the methodology, as well as an analysis and application of the DMAIC cycle.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
What you will learn?
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe and apply the Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Adopt and apply the methodology to air cargo and logistics operations
- Use the DMAIC cycle to improve and reduce variation on operating processes
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the methodology on the operational nature of work
- Engage the organization into a culture of change
- Lean Six Sigma concept and history
- Benefits and best practices
- Change management and culture
- DMAIC cycle
- Process improvement
- Concept descriptions with examples
- Best practices from the industry
- Group exercises
- Group discussions
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for:
- Freight forwarders
- Cargo agents
- Handling agents
An INSPIRE MANAGEMENT TRAINING CENTRE Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
DURATION : 24 Hours
Curriculum is empty
Inspire Management Training Centre is one of the premier professional training institutes in Qatar, India, Nepal, UAE, Spain, Rwanda and opening its doors soon in Pakistan and Sri Lanka. INSPIRE Management Training Centre is your training partner for Management, Hospitality, Aviation, HSE, Security, Soft Skills, IELTS and APTIS preparation, Corporate trainings, Travel & Tourism, Cyber Security, Maritime, Business and Life Coach, Cargo & Logistics ,IT and MS office and Retail Management.