**Please submit the form below or Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a training
Duration: 4 Days
Certify your staff for to screen the baggage, cargo, and mail facility according to European Commission regulations.
This course provides a solid foundation for new recruits to complement on-the-job training.
Using our continuously updated simulation system, participants can practice their x-ray screening and threat detection skills in the safety of the classroom. Course materials comply with EC 185/2010 and EC 300/2008 and are taught by experienced IATA instructors.
This course is recommended for all staff with Avsec responsibilities, including:
• Cargo companies
• Security service providers
• Law enforcement agencies using screening equipment
• Mail and courier companies
• This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
• Student performance will be based on an assessment
• There are no prerequisites for this course
• Recommended level is Entry-level
• Background and Regulations
• Aviation security history and current trends
• Aviation security legislation
• Explosives and Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs)
• X-ray Screening Skills
• X-ray screening equipment and methods
• Inner workings of screening equipment
• Cargo and mail screening techniques
• Health and safety using detection technology
• Identifying weapons and IEDs in an x-ray
• Screening packed luggage and cargo packages
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher