Prepare your business to meet the latest cargo security regulations
Recent air freight terror plots have triggered authorities to address vulnerabilities in the cargo chain and tighten regulations around the world.
Emphasizing threat assessment and planning techniques, this course helps air cargo businesses face the new challenges of regulatory compliance.
Learn common industry practices and how to apply them in your operations using hands-on simulations and exercises.
Who Should Attend
This course is recommended for security staff and management from:
- Airline cargo departments
- Air cargo service providers
- Security service providers
- Police and customs authorities
- Civil Aviation Authority representatives
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
- Understand the principals of the air cargo chain to identify potential security risks
- Apply the ICAO Annex 17 on cargo security
- Review the national civil aviation security programs applicable in your area
- Develop your ability to manage day-to-day and emergency situations in simulation exercises
- Review of civil aviation threats and responses after 9/11
- Regulatory authorities and the enforcement of air cargo laws•Commonly used cargo and handling terms
- Regulated Agent concept
- Cargo security risk assessment throughout the supply chain
- Air mail security
- Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) and concealed weapons recognition
- Cargo terminal access control
- IOSA cargo security standards and compliance
- Threat assessment and planning exercises
- Cargo warehouse simulations and practice scenarios
- Final exam